Many inexperienced business owners fail to give reputation management online the attention that it deserves until it lands them into unpleasant and potentially catastrophic situations. It isn’t hard for both individuals and enterprises alike to overlook their public perception on the internet when there’s no shred of negativity to be found over the World Wide Web. Until the moment that it begins to impact their sales and affects their bottom line. For this reason, you must understand how to prevent your image from being tarnished and learn how to recover from these types of crises. In this article, we’ll discuss how you can mend a damaged reputation through the best online reputation management strategies, as well as a few tips on keeping community sentiment positive.
Damage control: How to handle a crisis
Regardless of the brand, company, or individual, a fair amount of negativity will always exist. It’s impossible to avoid the occasional dissatisfied and unhappy customer, after all. Fortunately, you can keep the detrimental effects of their feedback at a minimum by countering them with more positive mentions.
- Perform keyword research. Before you can begin leveraging positive references, you must first know which keywords the negative comments appear. Do they come up when you do a search for the brand name or its offerings? Are there other search tags that lead to these posts? Only once you’ve determined these phrases and terms can you start doing some damage control.
- Optimize your social profiles. It’s good standard practice to ensure that all of the brand’s social profiles are optimized and include all of the targeted keywords. Doing so won’t just lead to more user interaction and greater visibility. It will also enhance customer loyalty.
- Contribute to authority websites. Another way to repair your image is by reaching out to high-profile domains that accept contributions from guests and come up with quality content for them that’s relevant to your business. Don’t forget to include your chosen keywords and the brand name to ensure that they start ranking.
- Encourage happy and satisfied customers to write reviews. A few things are more influential than consumer insight. They carry the same weight as recommendations by friends and family for many customers, making them one of the best online reputation repair strategies. As such, you must encourage those with positive experiences with your brand to write down reviews for your business.
- Monitor the results. You must also monitor and analyze your efforts’ results. You won’t have a clear understanding of the efficacy of your campaign if you don’t do it, after all. More importantly, it will give you insight that will help you find areas of your strategy that may require some improvement.
Keeping a clean reputation
There’s no denying that every brand and enterprise will experience jaded consumers who pine for attention and constantly complain. And because of this, it’s impossible to keep a pristine image. However, that’s not to say that you can’t keep your image as clean as you possibly can. To this end, here are a few ways that you can manage your online reputation effectively.
- Claim your brand’s name. If you still haven’t done it, you must claim your brand’s name on every digital front. Doing so will allow you to better control your company’s reputation and prevent anyone from tarnishing its image.
- Actively promote your business online. These days, companies actively contribute content to authoritative websites because it allows them to promote their brands and lend themselves more credibility than they would have by generating awareness and exposure elsewhere. In doing so, they get to flood the search engine results pages or SERPs with authoritative content.
- Respond appropriately to negative reviews. You mustn’t respond only to positive feedback but also negative reviews. However, you must not handle it in an argumentative manner instead of acknowledging the brand’s mistake and apologize for it. It may not be possible to win every disgruntled customer back, but it will show everyone else that your company is willing to make things right.
Hire the best online reputation repair services
When it comes to managing or restoring a brand’s online reputation, it is generally an accepted practice to hire the services of professional firms. However, to do this, you must first ascertain your goals to ensure that you find the experts that will best meet your needs. It’s also a good idea to research all available options and compare each firm against the other to find better deals.
Repairing tarnished online reputation isn’t easy, but it’s not impossible to do either. It may take some time for consumers to warm up to a brand again, depending on the damage it’s taken. But with the right strategies and expert services at your disposal, you’ll be able to restore your public impression of your company on the internet.